Do you see how red those tomatoes are? They are sweet and juicy and a sure sign summer is nearly here. Summer tomatoes are my favorite. I had some as a snack today with the avocado dressing I showed you this week. So delicious!
These tomatoes have a smaller, but equally delicious role in this dinner. Color and flavor go together like these tomatoes go with parsley, red onion, garlic and lemon.
I’m using fresh halibut, brought to room temperature, and seasoned with sea salt and black pepper. If you can, look for sustainable seafood.
Summer days are hot and long, and this dish is quick and easy. Parchment paper makes it a cinch to clean-up, too! You can use whatever fresh veggies and herbs you have on hand. Lemon is essential, though!
Wrap it up. Bake. Wait. Get the dishes over with. Have another glass of wine.
Enjoy outside, with friends, with wine, a good book, alone, let your long-distance friend do the talking on the phone while you’re chewing on mute. However you enjoy this dish, you’ll feel simply and healthfully glamorous. Pairs well with a crisp sauvignon blanc. Yes, summer is here!
Recipe, inspired by Reluctant Gourmet:
- Halibut (I used one fillet, enough for two small servings)
- Salt and black pepper to season fish
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- Handful grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh herbs (I used flat Italian parsley but cilantro also would work well)
- 2 lemons
- Whole garlic, unpeeled and slightly smashed
- Good olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Bring fish to room temperature while still wrapped in butcher paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop onions, vegetables, herbs and lay atop parchment paper on rimmed baking sheet. Smash garlic and add to mixture.
- Season veggies with salt, pepper and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Lay fish on top of veggies and drizzle with good olive oil.
- Top fish with sliced lemons and herbs.
- Wrap and seal parchment paper, leaving room for fish to breathe.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove from oven, let sit, unwrapped for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad and wine.