There is nothing better than an avocado, is there? Avocados can do anything: chocolate mousse, healthy smoothies, toppings for tacos, and make the perfect, creamy dressing for salads and veggies without guilt.
For this dressing, a blender or food processor is all you need. Lemon juice gives this dressing a nice acidity.
White wine vinegar and good, fruity olive oil balance everything out.
Olive oil is added last, and separately. Start with less than you think you need to reach desired consistency. I like mine creamy, and really avocado-y so I added just under a 1/2 cup.
Your finished product will last for about a week in a jar, stored in your refrigerator.
I topped it on this salad I packed for lunch! It’s also great on chicken dishes, and as a dip for veggies. Feel free to experiment with added herbs!
Creamy Avocado Dressing, from Back to Her Roots:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup good olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except olive oil to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until fully combined and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil through top while still blending on low speed.
- Serve immediately or chill in airtight, glass container to store.
- Lasts for one week in refrigerator.