Protein Stir Fry
When it’s cold out, I crave comfort food. You probably do, too. Warm, cozy, savory food that makes you feel good from inside out. The worst part about “comfort food” is how you feel afterward.
Tonight, I made a protein stir fry that satisfied my craving for comfort but left room for me to have a little dessert, too!
- Rinse and cook quinoa (1 c quinoa in 1 1/2-2 c water or broth)
- Saute chopped onions and fresh carrots in butter or olive oil. I used a mixture of both.
- Add sliced mushrooms, any variety you like.
- Add frozen peas at the very end after everything else has cooked
- Add gluten free, low sodium soy sauce (add minimally at the beginning. You can always add more later.)
- Into your wok, add the quinoa
- Once the quinoa is mixed in, form a hole in the center of your pan.
- Crack one egg, let it cook 75% of the way, then mix it into the rest of the dish
- Repeat. I used 2 eggs, but you can use as many as you’d like, depending on your portion.
- Serve hot! With a glass of Chardonnay 🙂